Friday, May 21, 2010

timeLESS


Now I know it may sound a little silly but in the not--so--distant past I have discovered that I really enjoy experiencing epiphanies. Mainly because I came to realize there is this large chasm between just knowing facts and being seriously conscious of truths. And so for me this in itself ended up being another epiphany.

It all started towards the end of 1990 when I first became aware of the fact that God is what I have now coined “omni--everything”. I had just made the decision to follow Christ and was engulfed by this burning desire to learn everything I could about Him. And one Wednesday night in our small church bible study the pastor mentioned all these “omni” words. As a matter of fact his voice rose with the power of an energized and animated evangelist when he shouted “As Christians we have got to stop placing God in a box because the God we serve is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent! He is all powerful, all knowing and He is always everywhere at all times!” Now the truth he spoke that evening seemed to be the key to some unanswered questions that had been rattling around in my head. You know those questions. The ones you really want answered but are afraid to ask for fear of appearing dense. Questions like how in the world does God know how many hairs are on not only my head but every other head in this world? And why would He even care?

So for awhile I was content that this newfound knowledge I had inquired gave me a decent grip on the whole “omni--everything” concept. . . .to be continued . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment