Thursday, March 5, 2009

Times

On life’s journey
we all face many different situations,
have many different experiences,
and meet many different people.

Sometimes we have gains,
…and we laugh.

Sometimes we have losses,
…and we cry.

Sometimes our feelings are hurt,
…and we isolate and pull back.

Sometimes music plays,
…and we celebrate.

Sometimes we really blow it,
…and we regret.

Sometimes we get it right,
…and we smile because we feel good.

The Bible tells us that God
takes all of these experiences
and eventually makes something beautiful

out of all the loose ends and all those "in betweens."

So writes Solomon in Ecclesiastes 3.1-11

2 comments:

  1. So many times I am disappointed because I don't get what I wanted or things turned out different than the wary I thought they should have. But I have learned that God's decisions are so much better than mine. Down the road I look back and thank God he didn't give me what I wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The same here.
    Solomon tells us that all the good times, bad times and all the "in betweens" never surprise God. As a matter of fact he goes on to say that God combines our victories along with all of our defeats and disapointments and He creates something beautiful by showing us that it's a mere ripple of time in the light of eternity. And yes like yourself I am so thankful that Father knows best.

    ReplyDelete