Wednesday, March 4, 2009

TODAY

Today I have the honor and privilege of co-officiating a funeral for a dear woman of God. Oma was 96 years of age before she went on to be with the Lord.

Before she moved to Oklahoma to be with her daughter I would often visit and we would sit in her living room as she would do her best to fill me in on the last 90 some years of her memories. It was really hard for me to fathom all she had seen or heard in her lifetime but as she would explain how the yesterdays were so different from today I could also hear a love and a joyful expectance of her future in her spirit.

Oma loved the Lord and was more than a mere inspiration to me, not just because of her past or even because of her future, but because she lived with the expectancy of what the Lord was blessing her with today. If there is one thing I can say that Sister Oma brought into my life, besides being like a grandma to me for a short while, it would have to be to not overlook the tiniest blessing from God today.

No comments:

Post a Comment