Friday, July 24, 2009

Back-handed!

Have you ever heard the phrase “I know it like the back of my hand”? My next question to you is how long has it been since you’ve really taken a good look at the back of your hand?

I’ve heard of "palm" readers before, (which I totally believe are people the Bible plainly states we should avoid) but when I looked at the back side of my hand this morning I could read a lot about myself I didn’t like. When my right hand is clenched into a fist the back of its smooth and scarred but it also has these freckles that weren’t there before and now I’ve found out these aren’t just freckles… they’re ‘AGE SPOTS’! And then when I extend all of my fingers and straighten my hand out the back of thing becomes this old dude’s hand, all wrinkled, rippled and well…old! What happened? Did hand snatchers come last night while I was fast asleep and switch out my hands for some old dudes hands? What’s going on here? What is happening to me?

Oh yea, time is happening to me. Everything that used to be Fabio-like is now Flabby-O-like. My eyes aren’t doing their job as well as they used to, my hair seems to be growing out my ears and nose instead of out the top of my head and when I look in the mirror there’s this older heavy-set, grey haired guy looking back at me who looks nothing like me. Now I know this wasn’t God’s plan in the beginning and it’s all due to Adam’s fall in the Garden but is it all really fair? No, and I know God never said it would be fair but cut us some slack. After all it wasn’t any of us that tripped up in that Garden.











In all honesty though we all know He did cut us some slack. He made a way for us all to actually live forever and receive new glorified bodies when we get to hang with Him in Heaven. So in the end I guess it all evens out. So when’s the last time you took a long look at the back of your hand?

1 comment: