Sunday, July 12, 2009

finally writing again

Well I finally have a little time to write a little something.

Our sons wedding was yesterday and as of about 20 minutes ago I’ve been able to slow down mentally and physically. WE are beat and exhausted, but it is well worth it.

Where does the time go? Seems it was just yesterday I was chasing Dustin and 2 of his 3rd grade friends around the Topeka Zoo at the school field trip. (I still have the ticket stub) What happened to our little boy who was more interested in playing with dirt clods in the infield then the baseball game he was supposed to be playing? Where’s my little Power Ranger underwear clad - cowboy boot wearing son gone to? When did my little Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle morph into this young man?

Whenever it happened I’m sad yet glad it did. Because now I understand what it’s like to let people you really love go under sad circumstances and also happy celebrations.

Dustin and Lauren I wish and pray for God’s blessings to forever be in your present and forever await you in your future.

Love you,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment