Friday, September 18, 2009

CONFUSED


I'm sort of confused about something.

We have a great building full of loving Christ followers who always encourage me as their pastor. They compliment me, seem to listen (most of the time) when I'm preaching, they follow my leadership as I follow the Lord, and I know they really love the Lord and His Word with all of their hearts, minds, souls and strengths. But when I announce we're having a different speaker other than myself on a future date, most will not attend church that day or if they do they seem disturbed or unhappy. Now I know it can't be that I'm the greatest preacher in the world or even in Pomona for that matter, (because I know I'm not even close) so why is it they choose to not attend service if I'm not speaking? So at this point I am going to openly display the thoughts inside my head and spirit when I think of these times.

ONE- Where does a followers loyalty lie, is it in their pastor, or in the God they serve?

TWO- If a speaker a pastor has asked to fill his pulpit is disapproved of, or is disliked by his congregants, then isn't that a reflection of their dissatisfaction or disapproval of their pastor's leadership?

THREE- Isn't God's Word what they should be gathered to hear, study and consume...not mans delivery?

FOUR- Is it not understood that different preachers can hear God speak to them and in turn allow God to speak through them.

I have been contemplating this kind of stuff for some time now so I am thinking of starting a new separate blog that will most likely be called "View From The Fishbowl." Be looking for it in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment