Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Elusion or Illusion?

I will be the first to admit I have a question in which the answer has eluded me.

Knowing that the word “glory” can be defined in the Hebrew noun of “kabod” which means a “weight” or “weightiness” in the physical context of God’s presence, then how does one distinguish between the weightiness from God and the weightiness or heaviness from ones own emotional struggles?

Having experienced more than one event of heaviness I understood to be from God (after the fact), feels exactly the same to me as the heaviness I’ve experienced throughout emotional turmoil. I know both heed the need for desperate prayer, but the question in preponderance is why do they have to "feel" the same?

One is lead of God to seek Him for prayer on the account of ones obedience to pray, to be prepared for an upcoming event He knows is coming ones way, or His leading to obey a command or conviction He’s place on the heart and mind. But the other is that of a broken heart due to a saddened state of emotional toil. So the question I’m inquiring of God is, why must they feel so much alike?

1 comment:

  1. Very intriguing...I really enjoyed reading this. Thank you.
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete