Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Service

We had a great day yesterday remembering our Lord and celebrating the fact that He is Risen and is alive. The entire day seemed to be just perfect and I thank God for that. I took the opportunity to do a first person message where I spoke as one of the disciples who witnessed all the events from Thursdays Passover Supper with Jesus to His crucifixion and Resurrection. And as I was speaking I felt emotions not unlike those who were there during those events. I prayed long and hard about doing the service this way and was confident yet nervous it would not be convincing. But I believe God was glorified and people were transported from our little sanctuary to the table at the Last Supper, to the Garden, to the trials and etc. I personally was challenged to remember the passion that God and His only begotten Son has for us every morning I rise from my slumber, knowing some day we will rise to be with Him in the Kingdom of Heaven and see the nail scarred hands and feet of the One who saved our souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment