Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Living In The Shadows

I read a comment my niece had written on facebook and it caused me to think about how each and everyone of us has a past, some good and some not so good. But whether we feel our past is good or not each of us has something we have done that we’re not so proud of, maybe even ashamed of and wish we’d never done. I knew exactly what she was writing about because I too have not lived the faithful Christian life and guilt followed me around even after I received God’s forgiveness.

But a truth I’ve personally learned to live in, is that if we have accepted Christ as our Savior then our past is gone and the only one who would like for us to feel guilty for the “shady” things or the sinful things we had done would be the enemy of our souls. Because the feeling of guilt is a result of one being guilty of a wrong and if we’ve accepted forgiveness through the shed blood of Christ Jesus then we are innocent in the eyes of God and need not feel guilt for something He’s taken from us.

You see, when we constantly live in guilt for the shady things we committed then what we’re doing is living in the shadows. So if you battle with guilt for past [forgiven] sins think of it this way, a shadow is only a dark presence that’s destined to follow us. But when light comes on the scene shadows not only disappear but they no longer exist. So we as followers of Christ need not feel guilt but should feel joyful because Jesus died to set us free not only from our sin but also from guilt and He asks us to live in the light rather than live in the shadows. So if you battle this my advice is - stop living in the shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment