Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Just Yesterday


It was just yesterday you heard my first words as I'd talk,
and just yesterday you taught me how to walk.

Yesterday you placed me on my first trike,
and just yesterday you brought home that used bike.

It was just yesterday you picked me up whenever I'd fall,
and just yesterday you coached me in baseball.

Yesterday you stood oh so tall,
and yesterday you were there every time I would call.

It was just yesterday you helped me in everyway,
and yesterday we'd always have a lot to say.

Just yesterday I was your biggest fan,
because you were my greatest example of how to be a man.

And then just yesterday we would sit and talk,
and yesterday I would help you when you needed to walk.

Just yesterday I’d help you stand tall,
and yesterday I’d be there when you’d call
and lift you up when you would fall.

And it was just yesterday I was holding your hand,
when you crossed from this world into the promise land.

And just yesterday you taught me how to love,
because it was just yesterday
you were the perfect example of our Heavenly Father above.

No comments:

Post a Comment