Saturday, May 9, 2009

Blessed

This Sunday’s Mother’s Day and I’ve prepared a message that has a rather unusual text and displays the morals of motherhood through a very unlikely source. I’ve been praying that the story used and the message preached will be understood to the depths of its true meaning. The title is “A Split Decision”.

Now I’ve never been a mother, I’m not a mother now and I will never be a mother but from watching my mom, the mother of my children and other mothers around me I’ve recognized one major fact and that is that having children is the easiest part of motherhood, “showing up” everyday after that is really the hardest part. To all the moms out there who “show up” everyday I say, “Thank you” and if you are reading this and you’ve come to realize that you may have taken this fact for granted until now, I recommend from now on you give honor where honor is due.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your way of thinking and sharing. It always makes me stop and think of what you have said in a different way. I always look forward to hearing what you have to say. God Bless You.

    ReplyDelete