Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Poisoned By Cappuccino

I didn't get a chance to write anything yesterday because I met our music minister for Cappuccino early in the morning and shortly after I returned home I ended up being one sick fella. And to be honest, I think I was poisoned! OK, not deliberately but accidentally. I have never felt that bad in that short amount of time in my entire life, even when I had my heart attack. But being sick yesterday afforded me two things, first I got some well deserved rest because I ended up in bed all day until this morning. And second I ended up praying for myself, my wife, my kids, everyone in the church, everyone in Pomona, the world, and I even prayed for my little dog.

Which led me to this thought, have you ever noticed how we can get into some pretty passionate prayer when we're in personal pain? Isn't it odd how we tend to pray harder when life gets harder? Here's a proposition to ponder, what if we prayed with the same zeal, the same compassion and the same fervency all the time instead of just when we're hurting, do you think we would see God move a little differently in our lives? I'm of the opinion that sometimes we take prayer for granted. We seem to hit our knees and give our little memorized request to God and then "pow", we're back up in less than two minutes and we're on our way, I mean it takes longer than that to order something on Ebay. I wonder what the world would be like if we prayed like our life or the lives of others depended on it? Oh yea they do. Just think about it then pray.

Yours truely, Poisoned

No comments:

Post a Comment