Thursday, January 29, 2009

This came out of my keyboard!

I know the Super Bowl is this Sunday but I also know that I serve a Supernatural God who deserves much more of my passionate commitment than anything this world could offer. Listen, I’ve seen those guys on TV who’re dedicated enough to the sport to go out in subzero weather with no shirts and painted faces. I’ve seen them jump up and down, clap, and yell their teams praises, especially when they’re team is giving their all and they’re winning. I’ve also witnessed people in their own homes get excited enough to stand and yell at their TV as if the players or refs can hear their cries.

Now I’m not saying any of this is wrong, but I am saying we need to show much more commitment and compassion to our King who has already gained the victory by giving His all. And I’m not asking for Christ followers to choose between church or football because frankly there really should be no competition between the two! All I’m saying is let’s make sure our devotion and commitment are greater to our God than it is to anyone or anything else in our lives.
"You shall have no other gods before me.” “You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.”
– Exodus 20.3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment