Monday, February 9, 2009

Hope this makes sense!

Have you ever thought about hope before?

Now I don’t mean just think about what hope means to you, or think about your hopes and dreams, but I’m talking about Gods hope. Have you ever thought about the fact that God may have hope? I was thinking about this, this morning and in my opinion I believe He does. You see I believe that each and every one of us has a God given purpose and since we have a ‘God given’ purpose then that means God hopes we will be driven to accomplish that purpose in our lives. (Not to copy off Rick Warren but it’s just a biblical truth.) I believe God has many hopes but one I know He has is that we will strive to be like His Son, and spend eternity with Him. 2 Peter 3.9 says in the [NIV] that "The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." In other words, He has hope that everyone will choose to follow His plan for their lives. I think that’s why He’s given us our free wills because He’s hoping we will willing choose to follow Him out of love and respect, hoping we will fulfill our purpose of not only accepting His Grace and Mercy to make it to heaven but hoping we will fulfill our purpose of being whoever He’s called us to be while we’re still in these earthly bodies.

So what are your hopes, and do they line up with Gods hopes? Are our hopes and dreams His hopes and dreams for our lives? How do we know? Well I was thinking about this too, the best way to know is to first, read the Word and find those scriptures that describe God desires for His people. Then second, when you pray instead of asking Him to do for you, ask Him what you can do for Him then do it, and if you feel fulfilled then maybe you've fulfilled one of His hopes for your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment