Sunday, February 1, 2009

DEVOTED

Devoted – loyal, dedicated, dutiful, faithful, constant and committed.

According to my Thesaurus these are just a few words that describe the word "devoted". Do you want to know what words I would use to describe the word devoted? Try these on for size... time, effort, ability, money, and availability. I really believe if you were to show me your checkbook, what you do, how you do it and how much time you spend doing it, I would be able to tell you what you're really devoted to. I find that most people are really devoted more to their own wants, needs, friends, jobs or even hobbies than they are to God...even most Christians. I don't know about you, but I find that not only sad but disturbing. I wonder how God finds that, or how God finds us...does He find us devoted, loyal, dedicated, dutiful, faithful, constant and committed to Him and His church, or to ourselves?

I pray He finds me devoted.

No comments:

Post a Comment