Friday, February 6, 2009

...TO BE CONTINUED

Relationships…ever notice how we love, live and long to have them? Here’s a thought, since God created us to not only worship Him but also to have a relationship with Him does this mean that the human desire to defy loneliness is possibly a divine emotion? Would it be blasphemous, sacrilegious, irreverent or offensive if I were to suggest that God might actually know what it’s like to be lonely? Well you might say “God is God, He could never be lonesome.” But yet I would ask, what about the second person of the triune God head? What about God incarnate, the Son of the Living God? One of the seven sayings that scripture records Jesus uttering from the cross happens to be a cry of aloneness, “My God, My God why has thou forsaken me?” I don’t know if you hear what I hear, but I hear an unbridled plea of unwanted solitude in this question. So is this possibly why as humans we harbor an indescribable desire to fill the undesirable vacuum that resonates within our souls when we live a life apart from our creator? . . . TO BE CONTINUED.

No comments:

Post a Comment